2014 is the year for marketers! Yes, if you choose to do organic marketing it would be a great year for you, with lots of scope to take business to new heights. Well, let us see what experts predict for social & digital marketing in the year 2014.
- Importance of social signals & intent will grow: In the end of the previous year, Apple attained Topsy (a Twitter search tool). This means, that this year brands like Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple, eBay and Microsoft will help the marketers with mining social data which would in a way help in responding to customer needs.
- Social marketing efforts would see a change: Marketers would need to rethink or reframe their marketing efforts in this year, as social marketing would become more integrated.
- Magic of Mobile advertising would spread: The mobile advertising market is already on an accelerator and will continue to be so in the year ahead. The reason behind this is implementation of SDKs in mobile apps across devices and big investments in mobile as backend service players (MBaaS solutions).
- It would greatly depend upon content strategy and optimization: Yes, content has great role to play in the coming year. Be it with social media strategies, or any sort of online promotion, content will rule it.
- Big data would change to smart data: Data is no doubt important for
social media or digital marketing; however, now it would be not important to collect big or lists of data, instead valuable & smart data would be required to understand consumer behaviors and respond to future needs.
- Privacy issues would be more important: As the opportunities to collect data are growing, the privacy issues have also become
- important. You may notice Do Not Track Rule started implementing at various options.
There would be several other changes that SEO companies and SMO companies would gradually adopt, as 2014 would move ahead. Let’s wait & see what all changes would come to the marketing world.